Friday 8 June 2012

I was Hurting


picture source
It's creeping through my veins, Something's taking over, Swallowing me my heads almost under,
I'm struggling to stand tall Sinking slowly in this loneliness
The bruises have faded away But the scars you left on my heart Burn daily,
Burning deep every time someone else Reaches out to touch me... what have you done to me?
You told me you loved me as your blows got worse Frequent and harder,
I got lost along the way  a sea of faces surrounded me but I was lost, lonely, broken
My strength crumbled with you Your words cut me, made me worthless all for what? love?
Love was a word to you, You threw it around, 
Not caring that you were running me into the ground
Burying me slowly Six feet under I'd lost my voice
Couldn't stand up for myself As my eyes got lost in yours anger swan though them as you held me close
Trapped, like a caged bird Unable to fly. You crippled me, Snipped my wings, told me I was useless, worthless 
And not worth anyone's time
I'm such a mess I guess, it's all because of you... I need a hand to Save me,  To catch me from falling further... Someone please save me.
picture source

1 comment:

  1. This is probably one of the most powerful poems I've read..I'm happy to know you managed to obtain the strength and will power to get through something like that..and here you are sharing your story & empowering others who are currently or who have been through some kind of abuse.Your a role model..A idol..and I'm your #1 Fan..good luck to you & your blog...you have my blessings..xoxo

    ReplyDelete