Thursday 12 July 2012

Wide Awake

I hear you say
"let the games begin"
But they've already started
Only you could believe its
Only just begun

I just need your love
this confusions setting in
Making its way deep
Through my veins

This game has its twists and turns
it's starting to burn
brighter than the sun
I can feel the heat
I'm unprepared
Fighting it
I'll reignite it

I have to recreate it
Change these games
Get away from the pain
You haven't brought any peace
All you've brought is hate
It's an over powering weight

All I want is for you to be happy
To stop with these lies
We are taking chances
Why can't you do the same
Or at least remain tame
Whilst we try to catch our dreams

Instead you insist on turning them into
Nightmares
I toss and turn in my sleep
falling deep
Into this trap of family, love and life
And now I'm wide awake
And nothing's clear

No comments:

Post a Comment